clevis.czSiemensMania | WMmania | VySemNesmite | SiemensMania na Facebooku
EnglishČesky
SiemensMania has a brand new forum
  SiemensMania    Fórum

Off-line verze  TESTY  Náhradní díly  Podpořte SM  

ÚVOD FÓRUM CHAT
:: Zobrazit téma - SOA - Software Over The Air

FAQFAQ   HledatHledat   Seznam uživatelůSeznam uživatelů   Skupiny uživatelůSkupiny uživatelů   NastaveníNastavení   ChatChat   Přihlásit, pro kontrolu soukromých zprávPřihlásit, pro kontrolu soukromých zpráv 
 BankaBanka   LoterieLoterie   Obchody uživatelůObchody uživatelů   Obchodní důmObchodní dům 

SOA - Software Over The Air

Odpovědět na téma    Obsah fóra -> Non Czech Languages Here
Zobrazit předchozí téma :: Zobrazit následující téma  
Autor Zpráva
Vladimir Curcic
badatel
badatel

261.00 SMM
PříspěvekZaslal: so listopad 26, 2005 3:30 am    Předmět: SOA - Software Over The Air Odpovědět s citátem

Siemens has finally presented on their site the wizard which will instruct you how to apply their latest techology SOA (Software Update Over The Air) - in other words updating the firmware in your phone through GPRS download. Only the necessary part of the software is downloaded, so this way your downloads are measured in kilobytes, as opposed to the internet downloads that are more than 10 megabytes large, because you must always download the complete firmware from internet.

There is the list of the phones on Siemens site that support the latest technology SOA. The supported phones are(as listed on the site):
C70, CX70, CF75, CX75, M75, ME75, S65, SP65, SK65, SL65.

Quote from the instructions: "...Not all mobiles already have the SOA (Services Over Air) settings preinstalled. To find out whether your model is already equipped for updates over-the-air, open the folder “Extras” in the phone’s main menu. Now check whether the option “Device manager” is listed.

In case the option “Device manager” is indeed listed, you can proceed with Step 2 and perform an OVER THE AIR software update.

In case you do not find “Device manager” as an option under “Extras”, you need to download the latest firmware version via the internet. After you have installed the latest software version for your phone, you can utilize our over-the-air service in the future."

There is also the link on site that will help you setting up device manager in your phone...

MY CURRENT COLLECTION: ME45 | S45i | CX65-LtdEd | S65 | SL75
Zobrazit informace o autorovi Odeslat soukromou zprávu
lacibogi
čestný člen
čestný člen

786.46 SMM
PříspěvekZaslal: so listopad 26, 2005 11:41 am    Předmět: Odpovědět s citátem

One of our user has tested it and it killed his phone. As he said it was really hard to repair it.

And on the other hand I think it´s not an full valuable update. If you compare those few kilobytes which are downloaded and the winswup or original update. I think SOA update owerwrites only a part of flash.

Vladimir Curcic
badatel
badatel

261.00 SMM
PříspěvekZaslal: po listopad 28, 2005 5:24 am    Předmět: Odpovědět s citátem

Lasky napsal:
One of our user has tested it and it killed his phone. As he said it was really hard to repair it.

And on the other hand I think it´s not an full valuable update. If you compare those few kilobytes which are downloaded and the winswup or original update. I think SOA update owerwrites only a part of flash.

Oh well the complete idea IS to update only the necessary part of the flash as to avoid downloading 12MB of the data that are already installed.

And how many users had reported all sorts of problems (killed phones also) when applying the updates classical way via the cable? If a single person had a bad experience with SOA that does not necessarily mean that Siemens is trying to convince us to use the bad technology that will kill our phones. I am surprised that such a young person as you is not able to see "the wider picture". The new technologies are coming, and we are supposed to accept them...
Laughing

lacibogi
čestný člen
čestný člen

786.46 SMM
PříspěvekZaslal: po listopad 28, 2005 5:47 pm    Předmět: Odpovědět s citátem

I can´t use this form of update, because my provider doesn´t support GPRS on the prepaid cards. So it´s impossible to update through GPRS.

And I don´t know because of what did you think that I´m not accept it. I´ve just said my only one experience. wink

Vladimir Curcic
badatel
badatel

261.00 SMM
PříspěvekZaslal: út listopad 29, 2005 3:49 am    Předmět: Odpovědět s citátem

Lasky napsal:
I can´t use this form of update, because my provider doesn´t support GPRS on the prepaid cards. So it´s impossible to update through GPRS.

Oh I see, that is a real problem. In my country (Serbia And Montenegro) if you are on prepaid you just have to call the provider's support and ask them to swich on the GPRS & MMS service for you. After that (it usualy takes 24 hours), and after setting the GPRS/MMS parameters - off you go... they charge you less then 0,50 EuCents (0,005EURO) for each 100KB of the transferred data (that includes internet, mms, e-mail etc... anything that is using GPRS)

Zobrazit příspěvky z předchozích:   
Odpovědět na téma    Obsah fóra -> Non Czech Languages Here Časy uváděny v GMT + 1 hodina
Strana 1 z 1

Přejdi na: